Are you a highly skilled and forward-thinking Web developer, driven to explore new technologies and continuously enhance your skill set? If so, we have an exceptional opportunity for you to join our award winning team and be part of our office in Riga.
At Duckwise, we pride ourselves on our innovative and cutting-edge approach to digital design. As a Web developer, you will play a pivotal role in our cross-functional team, contributing to the creation of dynamic and visually captivating cross-platform applications and websites. With a relentless focus on delivering exceptional user experiences, you will help us exceed our clients’ expectations and leave a lasting impression on their end-users.
If this is you, we offer an attractive position in a creative and professional environment, with lots of challenges and interesting projects.
As our web developer you will:
- Work on diverse projects from small websites to larger complex business web solutions.
- Collaborate closely with our design team in Denmark to implement captivating web designs, ensuring attention to detail and adherence to our high design standards.
- Develop and maintain clean, efficient, and scalable codebases, ensuring optimal performance across various platforms and devices.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices, bringing innovative ideas to the table and helping shape our technical direction.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging to ensure seamless functionality and a flawless user experience.
- Continuously optimize and improve existing websites and applications, identifying areas for enhancement and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Collaborate with team members, fostering a collaborative and creative work environment while upholding our commitment to excellence.
As a web developer at Duckwise you…
- Have +5 years of experience of learning and working on implementing digital solutions.
- Are familiar with web servers like Apache and Nginx, as well as have experience with RESTful APIs and database integrations.
- Have worked with Content Management Systems like Wordpress (creating your own themes, utilising Wordpress as a headless CMS)
- Have a solid understanding of UI/UX principles and the ability to translate design concepts into functional code.
- Are experienced with cross-platform development and have a thorough understanding of responsive design techniques.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail, enabling you to identify and resolve technical issues efficiently.
- Have a good understanding of user interface design principles and usability for standard platforms (web and mobile).
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- Communicate fluently in Latvian and English - both spoken and written.
It’s a plus if you…
- Are comfortable working with Figma.
- Have experience with Agile development and tools like DevOps, GIT and ClickUp.
- Have experience with developing and maintaining design systems.
- Have previously heard and worked with a CMS called Umbraco.
- Are familiar with basics of search engine optimisation.
- Have worked with implementing complex interactive animations.
What we offer?
- Earn starting from 2700 EUR (bruto) - depending on your experience and skills - with yearly increases.
- MacBook computer appropriate for your work needs.
- 5 weeks of paid holidays.
- A social, collaborative and kind work environment in Riga’s greenest office building Verde (we're part of co-working environment Workland).
- A flexible work/life balance, with room for both work and spare time.
- Cross-office inspiration trips and social events.
- Entrepreneur culture of the company, which allows you to try new approaches and technologies.
- An opportunity to work with some of the best UX and digital designers in the business.
Due to Duckwise not having legal entity in Latvia, this is a full time consultant agreement. You should be familiar with self-employment and maintain all the legal requirements of Latvian tax authority.